Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Research Questions

Hello,

I am dong both, as I am on a Track E (year round school). I have 2 weeks off here in late March and Early April. I will be going to my parent's home for a few days and then spending the Easter season with my fiance here at home. It will be quite a bit of fun in both situations. I am getting a flight, train ride and fun time out of all this.

Planned Research Topic

I plan to explore the feasibility of moving standardized and classroom testing into the 21st Century. Testing in its current form does not sync with how our children think today. As a result, testing will be more accurate with the implementation of an online testing system. Based on skill level, this research will be targeted at third to twelfth grade.

Research Questions:

1) Does the technology exist for students to be tested using computers rather in paper form?

2) Is there funding to support such a change in standard operating procedures from paper to computer testing?

3) Is there a measurable advantage to testing students in electronic form?

4) Are there methods to grade electronic format tests for extended response answers?

5) Who should make this decision, federal, state, district or school governance?

Any more ideas? I am also posting this on my blog at: http://stukb.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Another thing to consider or think about in the scoring thought process is, how will it be reported back to teacher, administration, student, and parent/guardian? To put it another way, will these scores be reported to all interested parties electronically or paper/snail mail? Sounds like a good topic and good questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    I am curious what type of literature you will be looking for while researching. Will you be looking for research done in the methods of qualitative, quantitative, or mixed design? I thought we were supposed to include that information in this application post, but after looking at others' blogs, I think I misunderstood what we were asked to do. Thank you for sharing your purpose statement and research questions.

    Courtney Clausen

    ReplyDelete