Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Extensions from original GAME Plan

 What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice? What goals are you still working toward?

With the restoration of my previous job and my incorporation of new technology, I have begun to learn and understand many of my academic goals. One of the best changes is to have communication amongst teachers at their leisure. I will be establishing an academic wiki that is linked to our school site. Teachers will be given rights to add in information or correct posts when available.

As for the links to administration, there is still work to do. We took care of one problem through an email option, but perhaps through even more open doors, we will cure any ills that still exist at my school.

 Based on the NETS-T, what new learning goals will you set for yourself?

I am not ready to add any new goals at this time.

 If you are not ready to set new learning goals, how will you extend what you have learned so far?

I will continue to extend my learning by employing what I have learned in my computer lab this coming year. As we begin a new school year, I will have students up and learning in my technology amphitheatre. I will be including cable in the classroom, Netflix, webcasts, video conferences between buildings, and as many other things as I can find. When students complete my course, they will be familiar with not only the basics of computers, but also the use of applications in their regular classroom.

 What learning approaches will you try next time to improve your learning?

Trial and error always works for me. I love to come up with lessons and if they succeed, awesome, but if they fail, then they go in the “round file.” I am never personally attached to my lessons. There are so many tools out there for students to try and learn from that it may vary from student to student on which is the workable technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment