Monday, August 9, 2010

Linking NETS for Students and Teachers

NETS-S and NETS-T are intertwined. Just as we as teachers need to better ourselves in the use of technology in the classroom. So do we need to concentrate on how well we know things over how well our students are learning things? No, those two things go hand in hand. Just as I mentioned in my GAME plan, I often learn best when I am doing hands-on work with my students. Working together makes us both better.

At the same time, I will have my students come up with their own game plans. It will be an enlightening experience for them as they consider for themselves, what they know and wheat they need or want to know. We will start with some guidelines as to what kind of change we are looking for, but eventually, the plans will each be unique to each and every student. Once I have those students’ game plans, I can then design the technology learning based on what the students want to learn and need to learn.

Our first part of the game plan will be to determine which part of the Lions Den newspaper they wish to work on. I will have a list of topics to start with like: news, current evens, sports, comics and other obvious ideas. Once we start working on the game plan, students will add topics, and ideas.

I am putting this up early. I look forward to your replies.

1 comment:

  1. Working together does make us all better and it is just that thinking and collaboration that builds strong learning. As teachers we need to prepare our students for the task that they have to complete but we must give them the freedom to pick and choose the directions that they want to take. The goals that you set for yourself will be most effective and purposeful if they tie in to the goals that you have set for your students.
    Just like your goals reflect where you want to grow professionally, the goals that your students set will be based on the guidance and support that you are willing to give them throughout this project. By letting them know where they will go and letting them chose the path to take is where their individual style and personality will come through. I feel that a student's work should reflect them in some manner. Your GAME Plan allows just that.

    ReplyDelete